Not Alone: 2022

Started by Not Alone, January 01, 2022, 02:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bach

Not Alone

Quote from: Not Alone on November 25, 2022, 06:11:58 PM
I am trying to take life step by step. I've been working on resume and application, which is a very involved process. I am making progress. Needing to get a new job causes me a LOT of anxiety. Trying to do one part at a time.

This morning I worked on essay application questions. I feel good that I got the questions done. I still need to tweak my answers and have some people look it over, but it was a step. Trying not to go to. . . I also need to ______ and __________ and ________. . .

Great news!!! I was offered the job that I've been working toward and hoping for. It will be a different position where I currently work. I won't have the added stress of learning a new place and new people. It's also a supportive, non-toxic environment. My prayer has been answered. I'm so glad and grateful. I didn't even interview for the job, my supervisor just offered it to me. I will start the new job in July.

:cheer:     :waveline:        :woohoo:

Armee

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so happy for you!!!!! And it has sounded like an amazing work environment too. You deserved this to go right. And it did even easier than imagined.  :grouphug:

Blueberry

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Wonderful, notalone! That must be one load off your mind. So happy for you :)

sanmagic7

you brought a big smile to my face after reading about this, notalone!  so very very glad for you! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

step by step - way to go!  love and hugsd :hug:

Not Alone

Thank you, Armee, Blueberry, San, and all.

Bach

Congratulations, Not Alone! What a great time for good news  :hug:

Not Alone

Thank you, Bach.

More good news: I will need furniture for when my H and I divorce and live in separate places. I found and bought a used bedroom set for not too much money.

Armee

:cheer:

:grouphug:

I know there is stress and sadness and grief and anger but also....having your very own space will be so nice too.

paul72

Congratulations Not Alone.. that's wonderful news about the job .. and the furniture too.
Wishing these events turn into an avalanche of goodness coming your way.  :hug:

Blueberry

Congrats on finding furniture! Step by step - imo big steps - you're on your way to reclaiming your life without your h.

Not Alone

Thank you Armee, Phil and Blueberry.

My doctor of 20 years left the practice. I saw someone new today. I needed refills on my headache meds and on xanax. She wanted me to see a neurologist and a psychiatrist. She also wanted some tests done. When I said no, she asked why. I told her it was triggering to me. She said, "It's only. . ." I'm not willing to jump through her hoops and she isn't willing to see me as a patient. She gave me a prescription for 10 xanax. I'm was distressed from what happened that I needed to take a xanax.

I made an appointment with a different doctor from my original doctor's practice, in 4 weeks. I hope I don't go through the same thing again.

I talked to someone from the insurance company to make sure the next visit would be covered. I was telling her what happened. She was encouraging. I appreciated that.

rainydiary

I hope that you find a supportive provider- it is so difficult to have to find someone new.

Not Alone

Thank you, RainyDiary.

I continue to be triggered by the doctor. I went to the pharmacy to fill the prescription for the few xanax and the headache meds that she was willing to prescribe to me. I found out that she had prescribed a totally different headache medicine, that was not covered by insurance and she never even told me.  :pissed: I did not get the headache meds.

Bach

Oh, Not Alone, I'm so sorry to hear about those bad experiences with the doctor.  I have had many experiences with doctors who would not accept my input about my own care and refused treat me unless I did exactly as they said no matter how many valid reasons I had for asking for something different.  I have also dealt with the prescribing without warning of shockingly pricey meds that I ended up having to do without.  I have a very difficult time trusting doctors and I know what a nightmare getting care can be.  I hope this next doctor is someone you can comfortably work with and be cared for by.  :hug: