Mental Health & Well-Being Summit

Started by Blueberry, September 08, 2023, 10:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Mental Health & Well-Being Global Summit
Sept. 12-18, 2023                https://www.mentalhealthglobalsummit.com/

It's free of charge.

There are some early bonuses etc. I watched one, which is an interview of Gabor Maté where 5-10 topics are mentioned which I think are either a revelation or something good to hear again. Let's see if I can note some w/o writing an essay :whistling:

- differentiation of remorse and shame. Remorse can be healthy. Shame is not healthy. It comes from a pre-verbal age

- 'trauma' means 'wound'. A child can be wounded/traumatised merely by not being seen or not being heard. That can be enough. Not only is so-called Big T trauma not a 'prerequisite', but even emotional abuse and neglect , which might be termed Small T trauma isn't a 'prerequisite'.

- according to Gabor Maté, trauma is the root cause of all 'mental illness',  which is a total misnomer anyway.

- people e.g. first-responders who develop PTSD in adulthood were often traumatised in childhood, so their brain already has the stress template, so they have a higher likelyhood of developing traumatic reactions than first-responders who were not traumatised in childhood

- Gabor Maté calls ICr 'Stupid Friend' because s/he was a friend way back in childhood i.e. had a useful protective function but no longer does. The interviewer suggests this entity could be called 'Unskillful Friend' and they both discuss that.

- some explanation of Ketamine

- some surprising facts about SSRIs (anti-depressants)

- it's not your fault, it was what was done to you

For me, it was worth signing up just to hear the 45 minute talk referring to the above and more :) 

Moondance

Blueberry

Quote from: Blueberry on September 08, 2023, 10:12:05 PMMental Health & Well-Being Global Summit
               https://www.mentalhealthglobalsummit.com/

It's worth checking links from years gone by! This year's is starting today, May 14th!