1, 2, 3!

Started by Jazzy, May 11, 2021, 01:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SecretsOfTheHeart

Appreciation: I appreciate my ability to persevere. I appreciate the humour that my partner brings to my life.

Emotion: Was slightly positive earlier today but have been trending towards irritable since this afternoon.

Accomplishment: I potentially exposed that I have trauma to people who don't know by posting a birthday fundraiser for a non-profit that deals specifically with complex trauma. I've already met the small fundraising goal I set.

Armadillo

That's awesome that you met your fundraising goal SH! Some people may ask why you chose that one but you don't need to tell anyone if you don't want to.

Appreciation
I take responsibility

Emotion
Anger mixed with guilt

Accomplishment
Ran 4 miles today with a friend. I used to run marathons but lately the longest I've been able to do is 1.5 miles.

CactusFlower

Missed yesterday and it's early-ish, so this one's for yesterday.
Appreciation
I can be very organized when need be.

Emotion
A little hopeful. Also excited and happy for a friend who's getting a surgery he really needs and wants to have soon.

Accomplishment
I am starting to admit to people I know that I have CPTSD.

rainydiary

Appreciation

Although my cat has kidney disease, she is currently not in immediate distress or pain or danger.  The vet doesn't need to see her again for a year. 

I also received another call for an interview so am grateful that I may have some options.  My husband shared more support for me as I look for a new job.   

I'm looking forward to starting my yoga teacher training today.

Emotion

Relieved, hopeful, nervous

Also noticing some anger and discomfort when I think about my current job and colleagues

Accomplishment

I've finished 2 months of a 6 month training plan I am doing to prepare for an ultra marathon in September.  I am trying to remind myself that it will take as long as it takes (I am definitely more of a tortoise than a hare) and that I am doing this as a challenge for myself.  So far I've felt proud of getting a lot more running (and a lot of walking) in than I ever have before.  I am also being watchful of judgments about myself and my body. 

Jazzy

Wow, this is wonderful stuff! Good job everyone. :)

Appreciation:
I appreciate all the new dimensions I'm unlocking in life.

Emotion:
Frustrated, distracted, hopeful, happy.
A lot of work today which didn't go as planned. All these new social experiences are distracting me, which is okay because they're new and important. I'm hopeful and happy for continued positive changes in my life.

Accomplishment:
Instead of working through what I was struggling with all day, I went and took a nap. I also got the major problem fixed afterwards!

CactusFlower

OK, now for today's! lol
Appreciation
I love that my chosen family, although very small, loves and supports me the way a family should.

Emotion
A little overwhelmed with the options for a mattress I need to buy, but hopeful that it will help.

Accomplishment
I bagged up two trash bags worth of stuff to go to the thrift store donations. Cleared up a bit of floor space.

Armadillo

Appreciation
I appreciate about myself that I tried so so hard to connect with my mom and to be there for her. I appreciate that I can now see and feel that I did try - as hard as I possibly could and then some to the point of hurting myself....that now I can see that I am not bad for not being able to make it work.

Emotion
Exhausted and disconnnected

Accomplishment
I realized how unproductive I've been...and decided I needed to see how much vacation time I have and tried to really think about just taking time off. I have 5.5 weeks of vacation time saved up, not including sick leave. I think I have resolved to take at least 2 and maybe 3 weeks off this summer.

Jazzy

Great job CactusFlower and Armadillo!  :thumbup:

Appreciation:
I appreciate I'm in better control of my emotions and distracting thoughts.

Emotion:
Frustrated by work again; appy and proud about the dinner I made!

Accomplishment:
Realized I need to not let myself be so frustrated, and made a note of it so I can start working on it over time.

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I appreciate that my cats love me, and are growing mentally healthier with me.

Emotion:
Anxious and stressed. I invited my neighbour over for dinner over a backyard fire this weekend, which was challenging to do. I was happy and relieved when she agreed. I was fairly relaxed for the rest of the day.

Accomplishment:
I was much less frustrated with work today because I made it a point to keep calm, even if it meant taking more breaks than usual.

Armadillo

:cheer: Jazzy!! I know you'll have a great time having your neighbor over for dinner. This is great!

Appreciation
I've learned to share (some) of what's going on for me with my husband so he can support me better. When I do it helps. And I did a little last night.

Emotion
Overwhelemed, and little hints of sad and anger

Accomplishment
Got my son his second vaccine. Now we just wait for approval for the youngest.

Jazzy

That's excellent Armadillo!  :thumbup:

Appreciation:
This is still so challenging! ... I appreciate that I'm much better at wording things gently; especially providing constructive feedback instead of being judgmental and dismissive.

Emotion:
Today was mostly calm. I felt connected, chatting with the cashier at the grocery store this morning. In the past she always had to ask me to speak up for anything. Today we had a short conversation. Looking forward to dinner this weekend, but also guarded.

Accomplishment:
Prepped breakfast for next week. It took longer than I wanted but I didn't get too bothered by that.

Armadillo

Appreciation
In appreciate that I am learning to open up and tell my husband what is going on. Out of all the things therapy has done for me, this one is the best.

Emotion
Grateful, for the connection and support

Accomplishment
Took the day off work to hang out with my kids, and reset my emotions, exhaustion, and stress level.

Jazzy

Appreciation:
I appreciate that my culinary skills are improving, and I have my brother to help. He is a chef. :)

Emotion:
Mostly good today. Peaceful, relaxed, and happy.

Accomplishment:
Sewed a new collar for my cat because she doesn't like any of the ones I've bought for her.

CactusFlower

Appreciation:
I appreciate that I'm mostly making healthier food choices

Emotion:
Mostly good today.

Accomplishment:
will have lunch with a friend, then complete a couple needed errands, including forms for doctors.

Jazzy

Well done Armadillo and CactusFlower!  :thumbup:

Appreciation:
I appreciate that I'm learning to process emotions much better.

Emotion:
Highly emotional today! I cried quite a few times this morning, in a good way. This afternoon I went back and forth between serious and relaxed.

Accomplishment:
Today I wrote my survivor's story. It was emotionally challenging, but not as difficult as I expected. It was also incredibly therapeutic to write. :)