Hello

Started by queentiger1989, June 07, 2017, 02:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

queentiger1989

Hi my name is Ashley. I'm 28 and I suffer from C-PTSD. And let me tell you it is * for me.

Right now I'm having one of my moments. I want so much to scream, but nothing comes out. I want to cry but nothing comes out. I want to do "things" but nothing will move.

FML

Candid

Hello to you too, Ashley.  :heythere: All of us here know what * looks like.  Things will start moving as you post about your life here and find your reactions are all normal.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Ashley  :heythere:  Most of us here have been through that feeling of being overwhelmed, frozen or locked up and not knowing where to start.  Maybe just start anywhere, something small perhaps and post about it.  It doesn't have to be pages long or deep and profound, just a few sentences to begin to bring your feelings and memories out into the light of day, little bit by little bit.  As Candid suggests, it helps to realize that what you are experiencing is normal for what we went through, we have symptoms rather than being broken or crazy or defective as many of us feel. A lot of us recommend taking "baby steps" to allow yourself to become comfortable with and acclimatized to being more open, otherwise you may find yourself freezing again.   :hug:

Kizzie

GlassChild

Hi Ashley! That is one of my sister's names and I very much like it! I hope that we can help you on your hellish journey. Some times when I want to scream but I know I shouldn't I just growl deep in my throat and hope people won't notice, it gives the same satisfaction as yelling.

sanmagic7

hey, ashley,

so glad you're here.  we're here for you.  feeling stuck and overwhelmed has happened to most of us, i'd guess.  i love glasschild's suggestion of growling - very creative! 

one foot in front of the other, little by little, as long as we keep moving, we're making progress.  you made progress by posting - a great step to my mind.  this forum has been extremely important to me to keep me going.  i hope you find the same.