Hello

Started by Max, December 24, 2016, 09:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

Hello, I have been reading here for a while and thought I would join.  I appreciate all the good info available here.  I have learned lots in the past year and from reading Pete walker's book.  My life is making sense to me finally, but still with lots to learn.  I grew up in a very disfunctional home with an  abusive alcoholic f. I'm recently starting to recognize that my h has covert N tendencies. I say covert because I don't think he is aware.  I can finally recognize it at the time vs being pulled into his defensive circular arguments where I was left to feel unwanted, unloved, and that "i" was doing something wrong and never good enough.  I am now able to better address it.    The holidays this year have been harder then usual, so thought I would join in. Thanks.

mourningdove

Welcome, Max!

Sorry to hear that the holidays are harder than usual this year. :(

I think it makes sense that when we come from abusive homes that we tend to get involved later with people who have similar issues as our parents. I'm glad that you are now able to address the problems, and I'm glad that you are here!

:hug:

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, Max! I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time. The holidays can be stressful and lonely, but we'll be here for you however we can. Thanks for joining!  :hug:

Max

Thank you for the welcome mourning dove and three roses. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Max  :heythere:   So sorry to hear the holidays have been more difficult this year. I hope it helps to post here and that you will find support and encouragement from members.  We do have a sister site called Out of the Fog which is for people dealing with someone with a personality disorder. http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?wwwRedirect   It sounds like you are dealing with your H but there is lots of info at OOTF and people in similar situations so you may also want to join there or at least have a look at their resources. My FOO has/had NPD and OOTF really helped me to spot and then deal with their behaviour.

Glad you found your way here  :hug:

Max

Hi Kizzie. Thank you for the warm welcome.  I have not registered but have been reading at OOTF for a while.  It has helped me a lot also.  Especially the detailed info about various pds and other people's experiences.  They both are great sites.  Thank you for setting this one up and all you and the moderators do here. 

Kizzie

You're welcome Max, glad to hear they're both helpful  :thumbup: