Paris/ South Africa/ Terrorist

Started by Dyess, November 21, 2015, 09:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyess

Does this stuff scare you? Make you more paranoid. Make flashbacks more frequent, disrupt sleep? Seems like it is everywhere and it's hard to get away from it. I realize that we all do need to know what is going on and more aware of people around us. Please be careful where ever you live.

Dutch Uncle

What happened in South Africa?
Or are you referring to Mali? (which is sub-Saharan Africa or Islamic Africa)

As to answer your questions:
- Yes it does scare me. Which I consider 'fine', it IS very scary. It's a normal and perfectly healthy response IMHO.
- It does not make me paranoid.
- No disrupted sleep.
- Flashbacks? I guess so but am not sure. I made a post regarding the purposely inflicted terror and ( c-)PTSD though, here: http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0 . But given the amount of replies I'm practically alone in this.

Dutch Uncle

Actually I made another post relating/relevant to all this.
http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=1943.msg18699#msg18699

The silence is deafening on this site, a lot of the time.
I'm curious to see if this thread will actually draw some 'traffic'.

And while I possibly have your attention now, through a shared interest in these matters,  I'd like to ask: Why didn't you post in either of these threads, but decided to make this one?
As to your question about (emotional) flashbacks: what do you think? Do I have emotional flashbacks? Especially what I describe in the second post I made? (the one I linked to in this post right now?)

I could do with some feedback.

Dyess

Sorry I missed your other posts. I drop in for short visits and miss some, well a lot. At times I have to back away from forums to keep my sanity. So I see this has affected you. Had no idea you are so close to the war zone. I'm a veteran but didn't see any wartime, though in my 18 yrs. in law enforcement/fire fighter/EMS/ disaster response team I saw plenty of urban war. Which is a good part of my CPTSD issues. Add childhood problems and finding my Dad after his suicide and it pretty much turned my world upside down.
But back to these terror attacks.....I'm glad to see Russia, France and China have bumped up the bombing on these terrorist. But it's going to be a long hard road to dismantle these pockets of terrorist. It's just a short term fix but maybe will be more open to alert of suspicious behavior to keep them at bay for a while. The problem is the ideology still remains and until that has changed there will always be some form of this terror group around.
Stay safe and alert.