Exercise that suits!

Started by clarity, July 20, 2017, 07:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarity

This may have been discussed before but to save a trawl through will just post anyway .... something that has made a massive difference to me has been investing in a very high quality rebounder.  Moving my body helps so much as an antidote to all the flight/flight/freeze  stuck in my system, but until the rebounder I had struggled to find an activity that I would stick with for any length of time. 

Tried them all -gym... too many people.  Swimming - not a chance, childhood stress.  Walking - childhood associations with holidays. Running - chest too big!  Crosstrainer and ski machine - hate the unnatural feeling of the movements.  Exercise bike - sit down too much as it is!  Cycling - too much traffic.  Rowing machine - sitting down again.  Exercise DVD's - watch too much TV as it is. 

Then I tried a rebounder.  First one was a cheapie - something about it clicked.  It was fun!!  It felt liberating and non regimental.  A friend bought a 'proper' one and I tried it - WOW.... this was just incredible.  It was addictive in a good way, and 2 years later I am still using it 3 times a week, for just 10-15 minutes.  ( the brand I got is Bellicon )  Now I cant imagine not doing it.  I hope to be bouncing about when I am in my eighties should I live that long.   My mood is always better when I have used it.... but the main thing is I think my IC loves it too.  :cheer:

Rainydaze

That's fantastic!  :cheer: I had to look up what you were talking about as I'd never heard of it, then realized you guys call it a different name; they're 'trampolines' in the UK, haha.  ;D I'd never thought to do it before but what great form of exercise that must be! I'm not surprised your IC loves it, lots of fun.  :) :thumbup:

Blueberry

Yay! Sometimes in parks there are outdoor ones anybody can use, and I sometimes do to give my Inner Child some fun. I have my own problems with regular exercise, it's that 'have to' problem, but so glad you've found something for you.