Hello all

Started by GarlicMaster, January 14, 2016, 04:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarlicMaster

Hello all,

I found this forum when researching complex-PTSD (which I think I may suffer with).

I guess, right now, I'm looking for a place where I can both get more information and resources (to help myself), as well as support from people who have been/are going through similar things to me.

I'm at a point in my life where I am ready to heal. I ordered Pete Walkers book on-line the other day because I hear nothing but positive things about it.

I'll leave it here for now. Thanks for reading. :)

woodsgnome

Hi, GarlicMaster,  :wave:

Having never been on a forum of any sort, I had no idea what to expect here, but what I found was people who can relate, for a change, to what this crazy struggle is really like. And who are willing to share what they know and eager to learn from others about this otherwise lonely trek.

So welcome...there's lots here, and a variety of ways to scope it out...besides the daily postings, there's a plethora of topics, observations, and suggested resources dating back well over a year. I've been amazed at the depth--old and new--of info and heartfelt sharing that already exists, and look forward to hearing more from you, should you choose to do so.

Dyess

Hello Garlic Master and welcome. Make yourself at home here. Browse through the posts and see if there's anything that interests you or start your own thread. We all started somewhere. Like you I started my journey pretty much here and it is a good group of people with more credible information than you can find anywhere. PW's book is awesome and many of us have used so much, and continue to use it. You can also go to his website and look up information http://www.pete-walker.com/index.htm

Dutch Uncle

Hi GarlicMaster  :wave:

Welcome to Out of the Storm.

Since you have been researching complex PTSD already the following links may not bring much news, but I like to point them out anyway:
In the cPTSD Glossary you may find a lot that may resonate with your experiences. A few highlights to start your journey with:
On cPTSD
On Boundaries

Quote from: GarlicMaster on January 14, 2016, 04:08:04 AM
I'm at a point in my life where I am ready to heal.
Wonderful, I hope and wish this place and community will give you comfort and be of aid on your journey through cPTSD.
Trace already gave you the link to Pete Walker's website, which has some excerpts from his book(s). If you can't wait for your order to arrive, you can check out the 'trailer' there.  ;)

Last but not least I want to point out our Guidelines for All Members and Guests to you.

Welcome again,
:hug:
Dutch Uncle.