I'm a newbie here.

Started by CPTSD91001, January 03, 2015, 03:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPTSD91001

Hi. 
I just found this forum while researching a related topic.  I was diagnosed with Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder on September 10, 2001.  That's right,  the day before the Twin Towers fell.  It's been a long journey since then.  My life has utterly changed. 
I just saw something on OOTS about emotional flashbacks and can see that that is exactly what I've been dealing with lately.  It happens every time I start a new relationship and causes all kinds of problems.  I am determined to master these intrusions, though.  Perhaps I can find help here.
I also have something to contribute, which is an endorsement of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing).  This treatment helped me significantly with respect to my engulfing, all-senses flashbacks.
Peace to all who are suffering and thank you for being here.

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS CPTSD91  :hug:  If you haven't done so already, please have a read through the Member Guidelines and some of the other forums that may relate to your situation so you can see what the members have been talking about. 

What a day to receive your diagnosis, not an anniversary to be celebrated for sure.  :sadno:    I see that you've done EMDR and I'm happy to hear that it  helped you.  Was your T trained in using EMDR for CPTSD do you know?  I ask because I tried it and it actually triggered EFs, I think because the T was trained in its use for PTSD and not CPTSD.  Have you undergone any other forms of therapy?

Glad you found your way here and I think you will find this a supportive community as you recover from CPTSD.

flookadelic

Hello CPTSD 910001!

I too had good but limited results with EMDR. It strikes me as far more suitable for single issue PTSD. I chose to work on memories that typified situations as a whole because there are too many singular traumas to work through. Perhaps that's why I didn't EF during the sessions.

But anyways, although I am new here I just wanted to welcome you to the forum :-)

Rain

Welcome CPTSD910001!    :wave:

I hope you can find much healing here.   You've had quite a Journey so far.

Grace and Healing in your Journey.