Hello all...

Started by ericafaye, August 06, 2016, 05:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericafaye

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I've only recently learned about cPTSD and it was like stumbling upon an oasis because I've been struggling so long to make sense of myself. I actually cried with recognition. Now I have a starting place for true healing. I'm so glad I found this site and this forum and look forward to connecting with others. Isolation...that is, I think, the worst!!

Blessings,
Erica

Sandstone

Hi erica  :wave:
Welcome to OOTS, im pretty new here too and definitely agree with you this place is just what was needed. Its nice to feel validated finally. All the best on your healing journey xx

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, ericafaye! We're glad you're here :)

I had the same reaction - like, finally! People who understand!

Definitely check out the Resources tab, and one other book I'll mention is The Body Keeps The Score, which is on YouTube as an audiobook. Incredibly validating and informative! Also please be sure to take a look at the Guidelines, for posting :D

Good to have you with us! :wave:

Kizzie

Hi and a very warm welcome Erica.  I cried too when I found out about CPTSD.  I was at our sister site Out of the FOG and read something about Pete Walker and took a look at his site. Finally, I knew what was wrong and it wasn't just me, I unfortunately there are lots of people in the same boat.  Anyway, almost two years later and here we are with almost 2,000 members so you're in good company.   Hope you find what you need here :hug:

ericafaye