Learning to heal, Larry's journey

Started by Larry, October 20, 2021, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarcKiddo

I know exactly what you mean about the gym.

Is there an AA meeting nearby you could go to? I have never been to one (though I am no stranger to alcohol) but the support and acceptance sounds to me like a good thing.

You certainly deserved a reward after your 7 days without drinking. Maybe there is something else that would feel rewarding and would align better with your overall goal? When I was trying to lose weight I had to get a bit creative about what would feel like a reward but not put me off track.

Hope67

Hi Larry,
Just sending you a hug and hoping that this next day will be a good one for you - you have done so well to do 7 days without drinking. 
Here's the hug  :hug: and also some sunshine  :sunny:
Hope  :)

Bermuda

Quote from: Larry on January 31, 2024, 01:30:28 AMit's like replacing emotional pain with physical pain.   

Such a relateable quote. I do this too. I realise it. I barter with, down talk, punish myself, and replace my thoughts with physical feelings... As if we have to deserve happiness. Living up to the invisible person who lives inside... Not a nice person. Probably not you. I don't know a lot of AA, so I am quite afraid I will say something wrong. I hope you find help. It's good to cheer yourself on, and pat yourself on the back. A side step is not a loss and says nothing to the journey you are on.

Here for you.

Larry

there are AA meetings near me NC ,  I have been a few times,  just need to go again,
  thank you so much Hope !   I needed that, 
thank you bermuda,     I really appreciate the support from everyone,
  i did not make it to the gym today,  but i did play pickleball this morning and got some work done this afternoon. 

Hope67

Hi Larry,
Pickleball sounds good! 

StayInTheLight

Congratulations, Larry! I'm new to this forum and reading about your big step is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

Larry

Thank you  !!    I have been doing good,  trying to stay busy and active. 

NarcKiddo

Quote from: Larry on February 11, 2024, 02:39:18 PMI have been doing good,  trying to stay busy and active. 

Great to hear.  :cheer:

Hope67

Hi Larry,
Hope you are enjoying some sunshine today - if not, here is some  :sunny:

Larry

thank you NK and Hope !
   I was feeling depressed yesterday,  but i got through the day.   Kind of feeling lonely this evening,  i did not go to the gym today.   
tomorrow is a new day,   

NarcKiddo

It's never nice to feel depressed and lonely. You did well to get through the day and I hope today is better.

Larry

Thank you NK,   I really need to find some friends,  I get depressed a lot when I am alone.  the AA meetings were nice,  I need to go again

Hope67

Hi Larry,
I hope your day is going ok.  Here is some sunshine and a smile for you too.  :sunny:  :)

Larry

thank you hope !
  I don't really know what to do today,   i feel like i can not trust the people i work with,  and they are the only friends i have.   i have been spending most of my time alone,  i am trying not to get depressed.   i might go to the gym today,  i need to get out of the house

Papa Coco

Larry

AA helped me quit drinking. I went every day for a long time. I know the struggle well, and I'm pulling for you, sir.

I'm thinking of you. That loneliness is tough to deal with. I know it well.