New to OOTS

Started by artfox, January 26, 2019, 12:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artfox

Hi everyone,
I found out about OOTS from OOTF, so I came over to check it out.

I grew up with a father with PTSD (Vietnam vet) and a mother with (I suspect) BPD. Both sides of my family, but especially  my mom's side, has a lot of nasty stuff. My mom remarried after she and my dad divorced when I was 11, and things got way worse from there. The stepdad is, I suspect, a sociopath. He was abusive in every way possible, and there were many times I wasn't sure I'd survive childhood.

But I did, and here I am--a bit scarred and damaged, but HERE. And I'm so happy to find groups like this that I can share things with.

woodsgnome

Hi, and welcome to OOTS, Artfox.  :wave:

I hope you'll find this forum a home where you can connect with people who've also been wandering around lost for so long. Sometimes it seems like there's not much to hope for but sharing here can feel like finding an oasis where other travelers are trying to sort things out as well.

Three Roses

Welcome, artfox!

I also grew up with a dad with PTSD (WW2) and a dysfunctional mom. My dad's problems were easy to see, there was no way he could hide them; but my mom and her side of the family had a lot going on that wasn't so visible.

I'm glad you're here.

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum, artfox!  :heythere: