Blueberry's Journal

Started by Blueberry, March 18, 2017, 09:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

sorry you're feeling crummy.  i hope you're better very soon.  take your time, do what's best for you. 

funny how those intrusions can be so mind-numbingly exhausting.  i hear ya, dearheart.  big hug to you.

AphoticAtramentous

I hope you'll feel better soon, Blueberry. ^^ No pressure to post anything here. If your mind is feels too numbish, shouldn't try too hard to think. Do what's comfortable for you. :)

Blueberry

Thank you both! Stuff was coming up. I tend to forget that - things are hard IRL just before things come up. Pre-Come-up-Syndrome. PCS. Or maybe PCuS. Yes, that's better.  Now that I've made myself a mnemonic * , maybe I'll remember in future. 

* I admit, I googled this! The word for this thing is way easier in my current language. In fact, I need a mnemonic in order to remember the word mnemonic.

Really, there are some Unsent Letters to be written. Several. Woah. That means a whole lot has come up and is still doing so.

Blueberry

Yesterday, after playing Patience for quite a few rounds until I was bored of it, I decided to try out Hope's card trick. Which is probably explained a few posts back in this Journal.

I turned up a diamond which in my books means doing something with colour, so I got out my water colour paints, but before setting to work with them, I sprayed around some very nice room scent that I have, put one of my healing CDs on that I like to sing to and I lit a candle. Then I got going with my water-colours. I colour in with them as opposed to painting pictures. I did that all for quite a while, and in so doing I made myself remember that even-if-things-are-bad (which they often are with C-PTSD), I can still make my surroundings nice for myself and do pleasant activities.  :cheer: :cheer: Even though actually doing these things is difficult for me. That probably goes with the trade for a self-destructor. But yesterday I managed the inner hurdle and did it.  :cheer: :boogie: :yahoo: :yourock:

Now I'm really embarrassed at telling myself "you rock". But I'm leaving it here. What I think is embarrassment is probably actually shame. Shame is part of this Beast, correct? And a good thing to get over bit by bit because it's not my shame it's M's shame. Oh great. (Sarcasm.) Another topic for Screen Processing, because M has just popped up. That's how I know it's her shame.

Actually using my water-colours in the way I described above functions a bit meditatively. Things started coming up after a while so I went onto doing Screen Processing yesterday. That was difficult but good because some symptoms, which had been making themselves known again especially images of SI, disappeared.  :thumbup: :thumbup: Big relief.

AphoticAtramentous

QuoteI turned up a diamond which in my books means doing something with colour, so I got out my water colour paints, but before setting to work with them, I sprayed around some very nice perfume-for-the-air that I have, put one of my healing CDs on that I like to sing to and I lit a candle. Then I got going with my water-colours. I colour in with them as opposed to painting pictures. I did that all for quite a while, and in so doing I made myself remember that even-if-things-are-bad (which they often are with C-PTSD), I can still make my surroundings nice for myself and do pleasant activities.
Oh wow, Blueberry that sounds so nice! :D I'm a little envious, haha! Should do that for myself later tonight when I get back from work. Oh my it sounds so good, I'm getting giddily excited. XD
I'm so happy you did this for yourself though. :) Good job!

But you can tell yourself 'you rock' all you want, haha. It's good! Everyone needs their own little pep talk every now and then. :)

Blueberry

Thank you, AphoticAtramentous! It was nice, and it moved things along too.

I'm feeling sad because I discovered someone from this site is no longer on this site. Although I understand and accept the decision cognitively, I still feel sad and.... the word keeps coming: abandoned. So I'm just going to accept that that is the way it is at present. Obviously that is an EF.

Blueberry

Feeling abandoned was very short-lived. This is good! A reminder that a feeling can disappear fairly quickly again. It doesn't always, but it can.

Blueberry

I'm just reading around on here instead of getting on with things I should be getting on with, such as billing someone, writing or at least attempting to write another one of those Unsent Letters, writing a job application for a part-time job in November and December. So just writing that for myself, as a little reminder.

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Blueberry on October 06, 2017, 04:53:11 PM
Feeling abandoned was very short-lived. This is good! A reminder that a feeling can disappear fairly quickly again. It doesn't always, but it can.
Glad to hear it, Blueberry. :)

Blueberry

Quote from: Blueberry on October 06, 2017, 06:25:42 PM
I'm just reading around on here instead of getting on with things I should be getting on with, such as billing someone, writing or at least attempting to write another one of those Unsent Letters, writing a job application for a part-time job in November and December. So just writing that for myself, as a little reminder.

Ditto. Though I have written the bill, at least. Need to scan it and mail it though.

Hope66

Hi Blueberry,
I just read in your Journal about when you used the card thing, and your use of the watercolours - really want to say to you 'You Rock' -  :) 
Hope  :)

Blueberry

Thank you Hope and it's nice to see you back.  :)

Blueberry

I've been feeling off and on as if I have no compassion left for other people. I intended to write that as soon as I came on here. What did I do instead? Read around and replied to other people's posts. This was my decision so nobody to whom I answered should feel bad in any way whatsoever. I've just seen a post by a new person wondering if s/he has CPTSD and even though I know roughly what I could write, I'm not doing so because I feel all spent. No energy left for that.

Growing up I was meant to have compassion for my abusers and their enablers. And now I seem to expect of myself that I have compassion for these people and those people, whereas I probably need to practise compassion for myself. Especially considering how turbulent things have been since last T session. The session was actually good! But often things are really hard for me after a good session. I have difficulty channeling the energy that gets released into anything constructive.
I finally did get a haircut today. One good thing.

AphoticAtramentous

I know how you feel, Blueberry. If you don't feel up for writing any posts, there's no pressure to. :)
And good job on getting that haircut. ^-^ Hope it looks as you want it to look.