Jade bracelet

Started by Rainydaze, September 04, 2017, 04:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainydaze

I've bought myself a jade bracelet (well, not real jade, that would be quite extravagant!) and my intention is to wear it to remind myself not to JADE (Justify Argue Defend Explain). My default setting for too long has been to argue out different scenarios in my head a lot and try to figure out what I would say if anyone ever questioned my behaviour, which is exhausting and unproductive. I also have a tendency to recount past negative events and analyse them over and over again as though doing so might actually find some kind of solution.

It's a pretty bracelet and I'm pleased that I'm just enjoying buying myself something nice rather than feeling guilty about it.  :)

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: blues_cruise on September 04, 2017, 04:05:35 PM
I've bought myself a jade bracelet (well, not real jade, that would be quite extravagant!) and my intention is to wear it to remind myself not to JADE (Justify Argue Defend Explain). My default setting for too long has been to argue out different scenarios in my head a lot and try to figure out what I would say if anyone ever questioned my behaviour, which is exhausting and unproductive. I also have a tendency to recount past negative events and analyse them over and over again as though doing so might actually find some kind of solution.

It's a pretty bracelet and I'm pleased that I'm just enjoying buying myself something nice rather than feeling guilty about it.  :)
That sounds really nice! :) A well deserved personal gift to yourself. ^-^
I hope it will provide much use and comfort!

Rainydaze

Thanks Aphotic.  :) Might sound daft but the symbolism does seem to help refocus me when my thoughts go stagnant.

Blueberry

Hey great idea, bluescruise! I'm curious, is it jade-green?