Three good things a day

Started by Elphanigh, April 18, 2017, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Another day I need this a lot:
1) I taught well this morning and I really notice how my student is improving
2) I spent the afternoon lying down reading some books I got from the library - I allowed myself this in my exhaustion.
3) I had a good chat with a friend on the phone. We talked about healing for both of us and what's difficult atm but we also had a good laugh at various things.
4) I got a book from the library on flowers, which I have yet to look at. Something to look forward to.

Wife#2

It's early yet, but I still have three things already:

1) My son gave me extra hugs and kisses, because he felt like it!
2) No messes on the floor overnight - hurray puppies & dogs!! Well done!
3) Hubby didn't snap at me when I woke him up this morning. (I think he went back to sleep!).
4) My job is nerve-wrecking lately, but I do still have a job!

Oh, wait, that's four! Yeah.... today gets 4.  :hug: Everyone!

Blueberry

1) I got up at all
2) I got ready for 2 clients
3) The first was ill and so she didn't come

P.S. Way to go puppies!  :cheer:

How could I forget??

4) Got results from latest blood test and everything is better to good except my underfunctioning thyroid. That's easily remedied: up the dosage again (we had experimented with reducing). Even my cholesterol levels are better than they used to be despite my rather unhealthy diet atm. Which is a big relief.

Elphanigh

Those sound great you two! I haven't been super active on here in a few days. I have been reading but not writing so I have several today. I need to keep getting focused on them

1. I have a job offer, which means I can get out of my toxic office soon
2. I have an interview with another one today that I would prefer to the first one. It is good to feel like so many people have wanted to meet with me.
3. I get to see my friends tonight!

Blueberry

1) I finally ordered Karyl McBride's book on healing from narcisstic mothers and also van Kolk's book via inter-library loan, which is a lot cheaper than buying them. They'll have arrived by the time I get back from holiday and then I'll get to leap in.

2) Did some laundry finally.

3) Finished that contract work finally too.

Elphanigh

1. I put in my last day at work. I have one more week of work in this office.
2. I feel less sick today!
3. The storm has left things much less hot

Elphanigh

Thank you Three Roses. It is a huge step for me!

Elphanigh

So it has been a while but I need this today. It has been a long few days.
1. My dad is okay and seeming more like himself today
2. I have the night off finally!
3. I slept 9.5 hours ( I have been extremely exhausted) and finally feel like I am more human again

Blueberry

1) I feel that I'm interacting a bit more with my pets, but without letting pet care stress me
2) I wore perfume today
3)  Instead of buying something sweet to eat,  I had a relaxing bath
4) I'm a bit more energised to do things that need doing: I washed the dishes; I met with a probable new client; I did some work for a present client; I did a little cleaning and tidying

Ruby

Blueberry, wearing perfume sounds like a nice idea. I'll try it tomorrow )
It's also great to have some energy to do things during the day.

I am not doing much cleaning or anything like that today, just finishing up the work I have to do on my computer.  Add watching web development  tutorials on YouTube. Happy to have my ability to concentrate back.

Blueberry

Thank you for your comment, Ruby. Wearing perfume, getting dressed in nice clothes, caring for my appearance or body in general - these types of things are very difficult for me emotionally. And trying to do them when it's too difficult makes me exhausted, close to collapse. Yesterday I didn't have the energy to put on appropriate clothing for meeting a new client, just a t-shirt and long shorts, but I managed to put on some perfume. It smelled good, so that did me good, and maybe the client noticed too. That would make me seem more like an adult woman than my clothes alone would do.

Three more good things:
1) Today I have more energy than in the last few days

2) I had to carry a laaaarge cardboard box to a friends' house because it might fit in their paper recycling bin (ours is too full) and on the way I joked to a man, who was loading waste cardboard including boxes from a department store into a truck to take them to a recycling depot, that he might like to have my box too. He said: "No problem! One more or less doesn't make a difference!" Took this huge box and threw it into the truck. I was so happy!! A) I didn't have to carry the box any further and B) I didn't have to try and cut it up to fit my friends' recycling bin  - their bin isn't full like ours, but it's smaller than the box. Sometimes things just work out well   :thumbup: :thumbup:

3) I allowed myself a break this afternoon to 'sit and waste time', after doing lots of jobs, like cleaning...
4) I made a new jug of mint and lemon water. That's just tap water with mint leaves, lemon balm leaves and lemon juice in a jug in the fridge. Very easy to make, but I haven't had the ?? to make it for a good few weeks.
5) Instead of coming on here right away this evening, I checked my emails and ended up deleting 70 old ones. When I can throw things out (instead of being blocked and not being able to decide), then I loooove getting rid of things, even emails which don't really take up any room. It is such a good feeling.  :woohoo:           :yahoo:

Blueberry

1) I continue to have more energy and get-up-and-go than this time last week
2) I got invited for lunch by friends, to their place, and had an enjoyable couple hours talking about this and that, like pets' antics  ;)
3) I turned down the project I was offerred yesterday, in keeping with what I decided for myself a few weeks ago

Blueberry

1) I managed to leave the house at 5am today in order to get where I wanted to be by 6am (getting up is difficult for me, so this was really a :applause: moment)

2) Lovely peaceful early morning cycle with next to no other vehicles on the road, especially few 4-wheeled ones. A lovely plant smell most of the way that put the word "sweet grass" in my head, but undoubtedly wasn't that. And bit by bit the sky lightening up.

3) Enjoyed doing a type of work today, which I only do max. a couple of days a year these days. Totally different from what I usually do. Physical work, with plants, lots outdoors, with my hands, chatting to animals...

4) In the evening a nice long soak in the bath. And I finally washed my hair.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :cheer:

woodsgnome

Today...

1...had a meaningful visit with my therapist after a lengthy hiatus due to surgery which confined me to home for 6 weeks (seemed far longer).

2...expressed how awful my interior life has seemed lately (in addition to the expected post-surgery pain)...and at one point said something to the effect of "I just wish I had one sign to go by, something that tells me in no uncertain terms: all is well...and will be".

3...driving home, I rounded a curve adjacent to a marsh. It's a lovely spot where I often see foxes. Today didn't see any; but as I rounded the corner, about 2 miles from home, there was a flash of white that appeared from the woods on the eastern ridge to my right.

Soon it was easy to decipher the distinctive colors and shape of a bald eagle--my 'totem' animal--the one whose beauty and symbolism I relate to above all others.

So I slowed the vehicle, when the eagle dropped right onto the road in front of me. No carrion there to collect or anything--it just landed, looked knowingly at me, and then off to the western ridge high into a lofty tree, where from its perch, it looked back at me. It was an expression that I'll never forget. It reassured me, and if put into words, would say: "All is well...all will be well."

And then it flew up again, gracefully soaring into the distance high above the woods.