My journey so far

Started by Little2Nothing, February 20, 2024, 12:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little2Nothing

Armee, I'm glad I was able to enlighten them on a different perspective. I'm sad that understanding the impact of trauma is so foreign to most people. 

Chart

Yes... Speaking up is taking things in hand, acknowledging, saying Truth. Even better than anger, stating the true past is so important. The complexity of forgiveness is difficult to unravel and different in each case. But what impresses me is how far you have come in acknowledging and talking about your trauma. And in public!!! Congratulations so much. I think it's a huge sign of progress.

Little2Nothing

Chart, I told my T about this today and she said the same thing! For the first time I felt no shame talking about it. Normally I wouldn't mention any of my past, but I thought maybe what I said might help someone else who was there. 

Chart

I absolutely agree. As hard as it is to face and talk about I truly believe that silence is a million times more destructive. And the more I open up and talk about my abuse, the easier it gets for me AND I get better at communicating in a way that brings people closer as apposed to alienating. We on the front line (CPTSD-conscious) have to help those still locked away in a shame that is not of their making. There is in reality no shame. When that finally sinks in EVERYTHING changes. And that's when healing really starts.