Intro

Started by ct_08, November 30, 2016, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ct_08

New here. I have been in therapy since April. I found Pete Walker's book, From Surviving to thriving, and it was like someone wrote about me. I've been focusing on the cptsd side for about a month. It's hard. I am recognizing frequent emotional flashbacks with dissociation. I hope to find some encouragement on this site that recovery is possible.

sanmagic7

wecome, ct_08.  glad you made it here and beginning your journey.  we're here for you when you want or need us.  go at your own pace - this is your recovery.  best to you always.

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, ct! Glad you're here.

Recovery and healing are possible! So many of us here have believed we are flawed and inferior, and have discovered it's not us, it's what was done *to* us. We have developed coping skills to survive what we went thru, and have clung to those skills even after they've proven insufficient and even harmful.

Current research shows that the human brain is capable of healing and regeneration, unlike what was once taught. Trauma physically changes the brain but the good news is that since we were changed by trauma, these things we always thought were character flaws are reversible.

Thanks for joining! I look forward to hearing more from you. :wave:

Saule

Welcome! I've recently started reading Pete Walker's book and also found it really affirming of my experience. I hope you find the forums helpful. :)

Boatsetsailrose

Hello glad you are here ct 08
I have found and find our forum here so healing and beneficial, people so supportive and nurturing
Just read a bit in Pete w book about perfectionist attacks and has really helped my tonight