Feeling alone

Started by Marja, August 21, 2016, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marja

Yesterday was my birthday. I spent the day with my husband, and we went out to dinner with our daughter who lives an hour away. But I didn't feel festive because it was my first birthday without my dad [who died last Fall]. On top of that, I was upset that not one surviving member of my FOO sent me birthday wishes. I didn't expect to hear from my brothers [my abusers], but I got nothing from my mom or older sister either. With all the methods of communication available these days, it just saddens me to think my mom overlooked my birthday.

My mom once told me "Sometimes life is unfair, and others need attention more than you." Today, I'm still feeling the burn from those words. What it's made me realize is I still have a lot to grieve about what I thought my FOO was, and what they really are. Heck, they weren't even available in the past months when I needed support while grieving my dad. I'm trying to tell myself that it's all good, that this is recovery, but I don't like feeling sad and alone.

Kizzie

Marja, that is sad and it's a hard truth to live with, that our FOO were/are not there for us.   :hug:

Your special days should matter, you should matter so let me be the first to wish you a belated but very heartfelt
                                      :fireworks:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARJA!!!! 

:cake:          :phoot:          :party:     

Sandstone

Hi Marja,
It is very hurtful to not be acknowledged by your family on your special day. Im sorry this has happened for you. Life is unfair especially for those of us who has rubbish parents/family.
Im sorry you lost your dad and had to grieve without the support of your family, its hard coming to the realisation that they dont care. We always have that little hope that they do. Im glad you have your husband and daughter to celebrate your life with. Happy belated birthday  :hug:

Three Roses

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  MARJA!

Dutch Uncle

sanmagic7

happy belated birthday, marja, from my heart.

so sorry your foo wasn't there for you, either on your special day or to help with grieving your dad.  those hurts go deep.  i am glad your hub and daughter were celebrating with you, though.  really glad. 

Marja

THANK YOU ALL for the birthday wishes and uplifting words. I can't express how much better I feel now. :)

Kizzie

macandrui

:cheer: :hug: :cheer:
;D Happy Belated Birthday  ;D

(everyone here is awesome  :))