Hoping to find a sense of community

Started by seshprinny, January 03, 2023, 09:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seshprinny

Hey guys, I'm 30, have been in therapy for 18 months due to childhood abuse/neglect. It's been a really lonely and gruelling few years. I struggle with feeling no sense of community or belonging in my life. I don't have many close friends and don't have much family.

Hoping to fill that need in some way by joining and chatting with you here. Happy New Year, hope you're all having a good day 💛

CrackedIce

Welcome to the forum!  I'm fairly new myself, but I can say with confidence that there's plenty of great supports here.  I've found great comfort knowing I can share my thoughts here and everyone gets where I'm coming from - a welcome feeling from the everyday avoidance or uncomfortableness of hiding our emotions.

Hope you have a good week!

Snowdrop

Kizzie

I've been away Seshprinny but wanted to say a belated hello and welcome to the forum.  Isolation is often a problem for   those of us with Complex PTSD and ironically we come together here for that reason and belong to a community by doing so.  So, you're not as alone anymore  :grouphug:

Not Alone

natureluvr

I can relate. I, too, am recovering from CPTSD due to childhood abuse and neglect, and am alone aside from my husband, and a handful of online friends.  It's hard.