Having my service dog in my life has been a huge relief

Started by TriciaB, April 07, 2024, 02:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriciaB

Having my service dog Louie in my life has been a huge blessing. He is a black labrador retriever and got him in October. With my PTSD,I do have panic attacks once in a while and he is trained well to sense when I have one. One was while I was in bed sleeping,sensed it licking me in the face letting me pet him. Louie has also changed my life around during my recovery,a pal always by my side when I go anywhere. My family has seen these positive changes in me as well since I got him. First time I got him,I was emotional with tears of joy and he did come to me and that is when I know I deserved him

Marianne

That sounds wonderful. I am happy for you. Just wanted to let you know someone read it and supports you.

Cascade

Hi TriciaB,
That feeling of unconditional acceptance from another creature brings tears to my eyes, too.  Thanks for sharing that vulnerable moment.
   -Cascade

TriciaB

Quote from: Cascade on April 08, 2024, 03:05:05 PMHi TriciaB,
That feeling of unconditional acceptance from another creature brings tears to my eyes, too.  Thanks for sharing that vulnerable moment.
   -Cascade
My therapist thought this was a good idea.

Papa Coco

Tricia,

I'm glad you got the service dog. The love and care they give is unequalled.

I once heard of an ancient saying that has warmed my heart for years: "Long, long ago, the gods created a chasm to divide humankind from animals, but just before that chasm became too wide, dog jumped across to be with us."

I hope you and your new friend have a long and happy time together.