MDMA Therapists Canada

Started by kingkut, November 15, 2016, 11:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingkut

Hi,

I'm really hoping to find an underground therapist in Canada who uses MDMA... all approaches with medication have not worked at all.

Thank your consideration,

Steve

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, kingkut! Thanks for joining.

Here's a link to a previous thread discussing mdma;

http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=185.msg1355;topicseen#msg1355

Hope it helps! Glad you're here.

kingkut

Thanks so much. Is it common for people with CPTSD to have little to no empathy at times? God I've been on so many pills! I went from people pleasing to shutdown.... also do you know if compulsive lying about achievements is one? Sometimes I think I'm just nuts.

Three Roses

While I'm no health care professional, I'd have to say the things you're describing could be coping skills associated with complex ptsd.

Take some time poking around here, I'll bet you'll find something to tell you your next step. :hug:

Here's something to get you started:

http://pete-walker.com/fourFs_TraumaTypologyComplexPTSD.htm

radical

Hi Steve,
I'm not aware of any legal, therapeutic use of MDMA in any country, but you could google clinical trials in Canada because there is research into this an other medications for cPTSD all around the world.

I've never used it myself, but I've heard anecdotal reports of people finding illegal use (without a therapist) to be useful for their symptoms, but I'd urge great caution in even considering this route.  Without expert therapeutic involvement, it could easily be a temporary and addictive way of managing symptoms, and a fast track to additional problems, including criminal repercussions.

One of the reasons MDMA is believed to be useful in trauma work is the dissociative effects allowing the freedom to remember and experience trauma and related mental processes from a position of a being an observer without the usual distress and overwhelm.  I believe this can be powerfully therapeutic.   Ketamine has these "psycho-mimetic" effects and is being used therapeutically in some parts of Canada.  As far as I'm aware, off-label use of this very common medication is not illegal, and technically, any doctor can legally administer it (as is the case in most western countries), though few are experienced or willing.  If you'd like info on doctors using Ketamine in Canada, I can dig out some info for you.

Ketamine is used at a low dose for cPTSD, but can, in some patients have some temporary "bad-trip" side effects.  I don't necessarily think this is a such a bad thing if handled effectively in a strong therapeutic alliance.  I understand MDMA causes euphoria, which for a person who has experienced unremitting misery for a very long time, could prove irresistable in and of itself, which is a worry.

I hope you find a good therapist and treatment and a therapist that is effective for you.  I think we all understand how cruel this condition is and the devastation it wreaks on lives.

Warmest wishes