new here

Started by kate, January 07, 2015, 12:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kate

Not too sure if I'm posting this correctly. Seperated from my NPD husband of 20 yrs, as of april 2014. Divorce is filed. Just realizing something very wrong with me and found this site.

Kizzie

Hi and welcome to OOTS Kate.   :hug:  It's a big step to come here I know, but this is a caring and supportive community and each of us has a lot that we're dealing with so you won't feel quite so alone.   When you're ready perhaps you can share a bit more about your situation.   

Looking forward to chatting with you  :yes:

noname

Welcome Kate!  I'd love to hear more of your story as well, when the time is right.

Rain

Welcome, Kate.   I am glad you found the OOTS site.   People here are wonderful, and I hope you find healing here.

I look forward to reading your posts, and hearing more of your story.

Grace and Healing in your Journey.    :hug:

C.

Welcome Kate,

I am very new to OOTS myself but already have found it to be very encouraging. You've happened upon a supportive group when you found this site.  I think that we all have something "wrong" with us...part of our humanity. 
I am seeing a pattern on OOTS of adult survivors who married NPD people and stayed with them for a looooooong time!  I was married for 22 years to a man with NPD.  For me, denial was strong and well developed before I ever met my spouse.  I am just now beginning to tackle truth before the marriage.
Thank you for posting here.

Kizzie

Hi Again Kate - I just wanted to add that if you haven't been to our sister site Out of the FOG, it might be something to take a look at as it concerns living/dealing with people who have a personality disorder.  It's at  http://outofthefog.net/forum/.   Great site and lots of information, support and encouragement there too  :yes:

Salsera

:yeahthat:
Quote from: Kizzie on January 12, 2015, 08:05:19 PM
Hi Again Kate - I just wanted to add that if you haven't been to our sister site Out of the FOG, it might be something to take a look at as it concerns living/dealing with people who have a personality disorder.  It's at  http://outofthefog.net/forum/.   Great site and lots of information, support and encouragement there too  :yes:

:yeahthat:

I'm new on OOTS but have been on OOTF for 2 years. Both are awesome!

flookadelic

Hello Kate, here when you are ready! Not the wisest of bods but certainly can claim to be understanding that awareness suddenly dawning that something's not right. Wishing you well during what sounds to be a challenging time for you, and to just say that I find this space to be wonderfully supportive, non-judgemental and kind.