CPTSD sufferer

Started by Kubali, June 04, 2015, 06:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kubali

I'm new. To this forum. Not new to suffering. Just wanted to reach out and say hello to fellow travellers. It's a difficult path to tread. No doubt about that.

I have empathy for everyone here. I send you all my warmest wishes and thanks for being brave.

Kubali

Trees

Welcome Kubali, I am so glad you have joined us.   :wave:

Regarding what you said about Taoism in a previous post:
" I noticed a quote from Lao Tsu. Are you familiar with the Tao te Ching? I would welcome your thoughts? I have met only one other person who knew something of Taoism. It would be lovely to find another. Especially here."

It's been years since I did some reading on Taoism, but your remark has reawakened an interest in me.  Do you have specific readings you would recommend?   Favorite quotes or passages?

All the best to you in your journey.

Kubali

To BeHealthy and Trees

Thank you for your generous welcome. It helps to have contact with people who understand and empathise. But I guess you both already know that

I was first introduced to the Tao te Ching about 20 odd years ago. It helped somehow and probably kickstarted my Spiritual journey. A great introduction to Taoism is "The Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet" by Benjamin Hoff. It's well worth a read if you want to get the flavour of Taoism.

I have noticed and am convinced that a lot of people who suffer are more open and receptive to Spiritualism. There are probably quite a few Empaths and HSP's here I'm guessing. It seems that the gentle and sensitives are invariably the prime targets in many disordered families. Wondered if either of you have any thoughts on the matter? Might be worth a separate thread?
Kubali