Healing hours

Started by Chart, May 06, 2024, 05:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chart

Hi everybody, a very close friend stopped by on Friday night. He is one of the few who I have have complete confidence with. We haven't spoken in several weeks so a lot of stuff came up. But to be brief I was explaining my sleep problems and patterns and mentioned Armee's suggestion to try and go to sleep later and the fact that I was actually doing the reverse, going to sleep earlier, and my friend kinda "jumped" and said, No, you're right. The brain's healing time is before and up until midnight. That's why it's important to go to bed early... Can anyone confirm this with outside studies or whatever? Or their own experience? Thanks 🙏

Armee

Definitely trust your instincts if that feels right to you. I don't have science, only an approach that helped me function as best I could with insomnia and needing to be able to function. It wasn't an ideal solution only one to hold my sanity given the circumstances.

Bach

I don't know if there's a definitive answer on this.  I've heard between 1 and 3, between 2 and 4, and now up until midnight?  I think probably for people who have sleeping issues, the best time to sleep is when you can consistently do it.

Kizzie

There's a lot of credible info about sleep on the Internet (e.g., Mayo clinic) so maybe Google this?

Blueberry

Quote from: Bach on May 06, 2024, 01:20:27 PMI don't know if there's a definitive answer on this.  I've heard between 1 and 3, between 2 and 4, and now up until midnight?  I think probably for people who have sleeping issues, the best time to sleep is when you can consistently do it.

I'd tend to agree with this too. I've heard daytime sleeping equals bad-quality sleep, but if it's the only time you can sleep at all, maybe because sleeping at night and/or in the dark is triggering or because being awake and doing things at night when most other people are asleep feels safe (which I've certainly felt), that might be a more important consideration than the best time to heal? But yeah as Kizzie says, Googling is certainly a good option.