Three good things a day

Started by Elphanigh, April 18, 2017, 02:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sceal

1) Went to walk in nature with my support person rather than working out at an inside, sweaty gym. Nice fresh air, and lovely nature. Even snow and icy pathways.
2) I had my family birthday dinner today - it went okay. Better than what I feared
3) I am actively talking against my IC today

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Blueberry on November 19, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
From last little while:

1) Last week I finally phoned for a doc appointment
2) Today i've been allowing myself to do what actually feels right in the moment and not what I think I should do.
3) Found the type of music that's good for me to listen to and move around to today.
:D That's so nice to hear, Blueberry. With #1, I've done the same too recently. Nice to get it all over and done with. :)

Quote from: Sceal on November 19, 2017, 09:43:02 PM

1) Went to walk in nature with my support person rather than working out at an inside, sweaty gym. Nice fresh air, and lovely nature. Even snow and icy pathways.
2) I had my family birthday dinner today - it went okay. Better than what I feared
3) I am actively talking against my IC today
lol Yeah, you show that IC who the boss is. B)

#1. I finished my work shift this afternoon and I don't have a shift tomorrow so I have a small while to just relax and rest off my feet.
#2. I managed to draw for 30 minutes today.
#3. I was able to ignore my FOO's comments today and keep my self esteem up.

Blueberry

Yay Aphotic Atramentous  :cheer: and it's nice to see you back.  :wave: Even if being away for a while was probably really good too, and I'm also happy for all the people like you who manage to get on with their real lives without checking in here daily.

Sceal

1) I tailored my jacket to a better fit
2) I celebrated my birthday with a friend
3) I saw the Murder on the Orient Express - very entertaining

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Blueberry on November 20, 2017, 04:46:23 PM
Yay Aphotic Atramentous  :cheer: and it's nice to see you back.  :wave: Even if being away for a while was probably really good too, and I'm also happy for all the people like you who manage to get on with their real lives without checking in here daily.
:) Thanks Blueberry. Nice to talk to ya'll again too.

DecimalRocket

1. I'm binge watching an action show. It's so exciting! Haha.
2. I got to have a good laugh with a friend by making a joke about how chicken is the answer to life and created a guide on the "Refined Art of Eating Chicken".
3. I get to read my books recently. The novel "The Kitchen God's Wife", a systems thinking textbook and a book about money. I don't know why I suddenly have the urge to read money when I have no use for it — Eh, I don't know — I read from every part of the bookstore.

HabitudeII

I'm going to try this here to keep myself accountable. Here goes:

1. I created an account here to participate after lurking forever
2. My dog is sleeping next to me and just sighed contentedly
3. I unloaded the dishwasher

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: DecimalRocket on November 21, 2017, 10:19:53 AM
1. I'm binge watching an action show. It's so exciting! Haha.
2. I got to have a good laugh with a friend by making a joke about how chicken is the answer to life and created a guide on the "Refined Art of Eating Chicken".
3. I get to read my books recently. The novel "The Kitchen God's Wife", a systems thinking textbook and a book about money. I don't know why I suddenly have the urge to read money when I have no use for it — Eh, I don't know — I read from every part of the bookstore.

:D Wonderful to hear, Decimal. It's nice that you have all these positive distractions.

Quote from: Smellycat on November 22, 2017, 12:17:46 PM
I'm going to try this here to keep myself accountable. Here goes:

1. I created an account here to participate after lurking forever
2. My dog is sleeping next to me and just sighed contentedly
3. I unloaded the dishwasher
Welcome! :) Well done on the chores there, even the most simple of tasks can feel like such an effort.

#1. I had a customer today pitch in a good word to my manager about me. I'm apparently quite friendly so, that's nice. :)
#2. I just feel thankful that painkillers exist. lol I hate being bedridden and not being able to do anything, but the painkillers make it possible for me to be productive!
#3. It feels nice to be back on the forum. Last time I think I was feeling a bit pressured to try and read every single new post on the forum but I'm starting to realise that's a lot of reading! ;) So I'm going to try and take it all a bit more easy and not turn this into some kind of chore like I do with a lot of things. lol

DecimalRocket

Hey Smellycat, glad you're here to participate. Hope you're getting some good support in this place. It's often a nice feeling to many after accomplishing chores and pets can be a great friend to many people.

Aa, haha. Yeah . . . When I left here for a few days, I kept pressuring myself to answer to other's posts here too. I guess we're a bunch who tends to push ourselves too hard and I hope we can figure out how to take it easy. I heard you were getting independent from your FOO and I hope that's going well.

Okay, my 3 good things today :

1. I spent time doodling things during Quantitative research class — including a disco ball the shape of a strawberry and someone's barf being turned into a swimming pool and a shoe bullet and showed it to a friend. This guy was getting bullied in class so I drew him with abs, muscles and shades to look hardcore — he liked it. Haha.
2. I kept missing Calcalus class because of fatigue either from my SPD, flashbacks or lack of sleep.. I found a book that includes Calculus in cartoon comics. I knew it was a good book when it showed a function as a strange creature that devoured numerical values and farted out resulting numbers . This book .  . . is a miracle.
3. I've been eating delicious waffles with cream cheese every night these days. It used to be garlic bread with cream cheese and it was a  bagel with cream cheese before. Uhh . . . Cream cheese is good comfort food afrer flashbacks.

Blueberry

Hey way to go Decimal Rocket! You're so creative in finding ways to help yourself!

Elphanigh

I love coming back and reading this thread when I have been away.  :cheer: You are all doing such wonderful good things.

1. I made it through working nearly 30 hours in two days. Exhausted but I have made it to the other side.  :cheer:
2. I stood up for my needs today by not going into work when they called me, I was not scheduled and needed the rest to be my best for the rest of the week. Feeling progress that I can tell them no.
3. My family sent a package. Everyone put a letter and one item in the box, it was kind of a mini thanksgiving for me

Blueberry

Quote from: Elphanigh on November 24, 2017, 07:25:22 PM
2. I stood up for my needs today by not going into work when they called me, I was not scheduled and needed the rest to be my best for the rest of the week. Feeling progress that I can tell them no.

Way to go!  :cheer: but sorry you had to work 30 hours in 2 days   

Blueberry

Quote from: AphoticAtramentous on November 22, 2017, 01:09:05 PM
#1. I had a customer today pitch in a good word to my manager about me. I'm apparently quite friendly so, that's nice. :)

:cheer: :cheer: That must feel good after that other one complained.

DecimalRocket

Hey Elphanigh, you're making some progress here. :) Sorry you had to work so hard, but it looks like you got a nice treat from your family.

My 3 good things :

1. Finally finished up my Precalcalus class requirements I missed with a 4 hour remedial. I've done 8 pages of math in there which I don't mind. Solving equations is really . . . mesmerizing.
2. I was able to say that I was tired and need a break — and delegated some of my Earth Science project work to other people. I've gifted myself with lots of naps in result.
3. I was able to recharge with a lot of solitude today — having to talk to too many people for groupworks in classes has been fun but really exhausting for me.

HabitudeII

In the last 24 hours:
1. I showered and changed my sheets
2. I followed up some calls I'd been putting off
3. It's sunny after grey gloominess for days