Relational ..

Started by StartingHealing, September 19, 2023, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StartingHealing

Hello to all the brave souls here.

I'm having a difficult time at the moment.  Was married to a "high conflict" person for 25 years. I think that she has a personality disorder.  Never diagnosed professionally since I couldn't convince her to see anyone.  Using the top 100 common behaviors from OOTF, she got 98 out of the 100. And she had an aunt that was professionally diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and lived out her life in a state facility.

I'm now seeing how messed up all this was / is.

the love bombing at the beginning, the gradual creep of the emotional / mental abuse, all of that..

I guess I'm looking for folks that savvy and a community that understands.

I did my best, yet it was never enough.

Thanks for listening

Armee

Gentle hugs, if that feels safe. Yes: "I did my best, yet it was never enough." That sums up relationships with someone with a PD. (I'm case, my mom). They will do a number on kind people around them.

StartingHealing

Quote from: Armee on September 19, 2023, 11:06:48 PMGentle hugs, if that feels safe. Yes: "I did my best, yet it was never enough." That sums up relationships with someone with a PD. (I'm case, my mom). They will do a number on kind people around them.

It feels safe Armee.  The physical abuse didn't come in until at the end where she was throwing house hold objects at me. 

She sure did a number on me.  interning for 25 years in abnormal psychology.  Freedom is my target.  Once the marital house is sold, I can shake the dust off my feet and move forward into the next stage of my life.  And it will be MY life this time. :)

Armee

It sure will be your life. And a new trust in your gut feelings too I'm sure. You'll have a stellar spidey sense for the rest of your life. I'm sorry you've gone through this mind-bending abuse but relieved for your freedom.