JDog's Journal

Started by Jdog, May 07, 2015, 10:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

Hi Jdog - glad to hear that your fracture is healing - and you've got 2 more weeks of the 'big ole boot' - hope you're able to move about reasonably ok with that - great that you can then transition to the smaller flat bottomed ortho shoe. 
Really glad to hear you are slightly hopeful - and that your spouse if starting to get better and is able to eat a little. 
I think you were very strong to cope with being a nursemaid as well as trying to heal from your own injuries.
Hope  :)

Jdog

Thank you for your kindness, Hope. ;)

Deep Blue

Hey Jdog,
I'm glad to hear that your foot is coming along.  Have you used a bone growth stimulator at all?   I did that with my broken foot and it really seemed to shorten the healing process.  I'm sure it also depends on the location of the break though.

It's so hard when the things we love are taken from us.  Your wife's health, your exercise... it's tough stuff. Just want you to know you are doing a great job fighting that adversity friend.  :hug:  You are showing so much resilience and I am blown away by the fight within you.

Jdog

Deep Blue-

Probably this set of life circumstances is a chance to work on acceptance of things that I cannot change.  And yes, I am sort of a fighter in the sense that I can't roll around in self pity for too long.  The fracture is a stress fracture and it is healing normally, so I think just letting it continue is the best.  My wife's illness, one of many that she has had and probably will have, is nothing I can affect or control.  She is a marvelous, creative, loving person with a childhood that has left her in very bad shape.  I think her illnesses are at least partly brought on by the PTSD and CPTSD she has experienced.  Electrocuted at age 2 1/2 when she bit into an electrical cord (father was drinking instead of watching her), forced to undergo more than 12 surgeries on her face to reconstruct it after the damage, Mother rejected both her and her father after the accident.....and more.  It's fairly awful stuff.  She has overcome rejection, learning disabilities due to the accident, and has come out able to not only live her life but as a leader.  I don't know how she does it. 

Sorry to go on so......I am wanting to put my minor discomforts into perspective.  Thanks for all the support, Deep Blue, and others on this site.  You all are amazing, and I look up to you so much!

Deep Blue

Wow it seems that you and your wife are a good match.  You are lucky to have each other. 

I agree with BeHealthy that what she suffered was tragic.  It really speaks to her strength and your understanding.  Love to you both  :hug:

Jdog

Thank you, both BH and DB.  Yes, we are a good match.  It's taken years for us to iron out some interpersonal difficulties, as we have tended to trigger one another in the past.  16 years in, we are doing better than ever.  My wife and I are opposites in many ways, but share a set of essential values.  In today's world, that matters very much.  Whereas I am bookish, into classical music, and I possession of a masters degree, she is more blue collar, country music loving, and possesses an associate degree from community college.  But who said we have to be with someone exactly like ourselves?  We share a belief in the dignity and worth of all people, the importance of caring for kids and animals, and love the outdoors.  Seems like a winning formula.

Today, we remain in recovery mode.  We dropped off our ballots yesterday (hey, Americans, VOTE!!).  We went to a movie.  That's all we will likely do this weekend,  as her insides and my foot continue to heal. 

Blessings to you all in these somber times.

Three Roses

QuoteBut who said we have to be with someone exactly like ourselves?

I once heard it said that if two people in a marriage are exactly the same, one of them is redundant. :rofl:

Jdog

Haha!  Love it!  No redundancy here.

Deep Blue

I have my masters and my husband has his associates too.  Our core values are the same but I'm so type A and he's type B all the way.  Sometimes it causes problems.  I love the layers of our similarity Jdog

Jdog

Deep Blue- 
I love our similarities also.  How fun!  I would have to say that there is no Type B in m6 house, however.  Type A and and Type AA, maybe.  Control issues, you might correctly infer.  But we manage.

Hope67

Quote from: Jdog on November 04, 2018, 04:27:43 PM
Today, we remain in recovery mode.  We dropped off our ballots yesterday (hey, Americans, VOTE!!).  We went to a movie.  That's all we will likely do this weekend,  as her insides and my foot continue to heal. 

Great to hear you are both in 'recovery mode' and wishing you continued healing. 

Hope  :)

Jdog

I appreciate your support from across the pond, Hope67.  Here's wishing you a good day of healing as well. :heythere:

Jdog

Wow, there is so much pain in my state.  A mass shooting yesterday, wildfires near the shooting and also north of where I live.  This makes me feel grateful for my life as well as sad for those who have challenging circumstances.  I had a wonderful guest speaker for all my classes yesterday, even had her speak in a colleague's class during my prep.  Her topic was Environmental Justice, looking at the way both historical racism and racism today affects those living in particular communities so much more than those in neighboring communities.  How peoples' life expectancy can be predicted by the block or neighborhood in which they live.  How air pollution, traffic, lack of sidewalks, lower quality schools, and more affect people of color and low income people to an extent unknown by those with more power, better education, or whiter skin.  It was fascinating, students listened attentively.  I hope they take it in, learn to use political structures to change their lives. 

Today, it's persimmon tasting and doing a short observation in the school garden.  Hopefully, we won't be overwhelmed by smoky air.

Three Roses

Deep Blue

I'm glad to hear the speaker was good. 
Was the shooting the one at the bar?

I often wonder if the speakers get through to the kids.  I think it depends if they buy in you know?  Only time will tell I guess