Hello, thanks for being here

Started by Cygnus, March 21, 2018, 11:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cygnus

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself and looking forward to the support here. I have CPTSD and am seeing a therapist.  I use the internet for social interaction and support as I don't have much going on outside of it.  Hopefully I'll get better and make more friends though.  I think I will, it's just my whole life (I'm 45) has been isolation and loneliness so it takes time. 

Blueberry

Dee

sanmagic7

welcome, cygnus. 

we're all in this boat together, and i've found the people here so very supportive and generous and kind.  i hope you'll find at least some of what you need here.  it's been a life-changer for me.   glad you're here.

Three Roses

Ho there, thanks for joining!  :wave:

Blueberry

Btw thanks for thanking us for being here! I speak for myself when I say: it's nice to be appreciated, to have the work done here behind the scenes acknowledged. It gets acknowledged quite often, but it feels really nice when a totally new member says it too.  :hug:  :sunny:  :cloud9:

Boatsetsailrose

HI Cygnus, I'm 45 yrs too ..
It's good to hear you have a therapist to help you heal and grow. There is every potential for healing in relating and I want that too. I feel I'm starting to accept and be kind to myself a little more these days.
This forum has been a wonderful source of support and information and I wish u all the best in your new journey here

Estella

Hi Cygnus,

Welcome to the forum. I have cptsd too and also have struggled with isolation for many years. Reaching out to people here is great. Are you able to access any therapy or try exposure/group therapy?

Enya

Hi Cygnus,

Welcome! I'm new here too and, like you, have dealt with a lot of isolation. I am doing my best to move out of it, and I'm finding that small steps seem to help. i'm glad you showed up here and that you are reaching out in the ways you feel able.

-Enya

Cygnelle

Hi Cygnus, (Username twins! How crazy is that.)

I'm brand new to this forum and in a very similar position to you and Enya. Here's to healing and mutual support for us all.

Blueberry